BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)

Most enterprises are aware of only 80% of devices accessing their networks. The remaining 20%, being unsecured (and possibly jail-broken) mobile devices, threaten to introduce malware to network resources among other security risks.  Additionally, there exists the potential for chaos with IP address provisioning and management, and an increase in the number of users and devices that need to be identified and tracked on the network. What is now required is an affordable, easy-to-use solution that will effectively address these challenges and establish the necessary security, IT management, control, and policy compliance.

Stay tuned for more information on how to calmly and efficiently manage your employees BYOD needs.  Future posts will include basic tips on how to:

• keep your secure data protected
• beef up IT infrastructure security
• regulate the usage of increased IP-enabled devices
• monitor Wi-Fi access points and user logon 
• check bandwidth consumption
• strengthening Wi-Fi connectivity and security
• revamp enterprise IT policy making provisions for BYOD and mobile device proliferation

The last point is the key.  If you are struggling with your current policies, contact Grand Rapids Technology Source for a free consultation.

Botttom line, enterprises need to embrace BYOD now; preparing for the inevitable

Back to Blog